Filed under: Our hearts
Do you exercise? Get some cardio in, lift weights?
Even if you don’t, you know it’s part of keeping your body healthy.
But what about your spiritual heart? What kind of exercise do you give it?
God says out of our hearts flows the wellspring of life. LIFE! Yet most of us race through our existence taking little thought to doing the things that keep the water flowing.
Here’s a few of the things I try to do:
- Solitude- People see me as an extrovert, but I’m really a gregarious introvert. I need time alone. Every day.
- Dirt biking- My sons and I love to get on our dirt bikes and tear through the mountains of eastern Washington. It brings adventure, community with my boys, and pulls me out of my ordinary world.
- Beauty- Whether it’s in pictures or live, I need to see beauty daily to show me God’s lavish creativity and the nature of His character.
- The Word- I read the gospels over and over again, because Jesus is life, and I want more life.
- Water skiing, playing my guitar, watching a gut-wrenching movie … all give my heart a workout.
And you? What do you do to exercise your heart? Are you intentional about it, or is life too crazy busy?
12 Comments so far
Leave a comment